Monday, June 30, 2008

Unique, you ?



A recent question got me thinking. It asked to state what was unique about myself. I took a really long time to figure it out but could not come to any conclusion. Thus I replied it with this poem:

Everyone could say
“oh, we’re different in so many ways”
but if that’s the case
wouldn’t everyone be the same
at the end of the day?

What makes me unique,
I’ve hardly any clue
my ability to write poetry?
But others do too
therefore calling that unique
isn’t all that true

No weird birthmarks nor a crooked nose;
Just like most people, I have normal toes
what makes me unique,
I really don’t know

Just like most people
lost in this superficial world
searching and seeking
wondering how to be a unique girl

Not conforming to society’s standards
just living life as it was intended
trying to stand out and be unique at times
in order to survive this world, one need to shine

So if you ask me now, what’s unique about me,
I don’t really have an answer as you can see
but maybe in years to come
hopefully soon
the answer to my uniqueness
may slowly bloom.

TGND

No comments: