Thursday, June 19, 2008

Funeral




Everyone came dressed in pink
Even the coffin; the color pink
As I looked from above and down to earth
I saw people gather, the people I love



Into the pink box they slowly peered
Each one of them then slowly tear-ed



In the pink box laid a girl slightly over twenty
With such a peaceful look, you’ll hardly ever see



I saw my parents, and my brothers
My friends and some others
I wish I could tell them
I wish they could see
That this place I’m in made me extremely happy



I had no worries & no cares
Nobody scrutinized, nobody stared
From the cruelty of life, I’ve been spared



Then I saw my mother
She was sobbing in a corner
But I know she knew
My life was now renewed




My father had his shades on as usual
But behind those black lenses was a battle
He had lost his only daughter
Never again was he going to see her



Then there were my brothers
Entertaining the guests;
Explaining to them how I found my rest.
They had lost their only sister
And to keep strong they tried their best



Relatives and friends gathered around
No one smiled
Not much sound



The clock strike 6
And it was time
7 cages of doves
Released to the sky



It was her wish
My last wish
That these doves were released
To where I now exist



All the sad faces turned around
Only smiles, no more frowns
That’s when I knew
That now they know
I’m finally rested
In my perfect home



TGND





No comments: