Monday, June 2, 2008

Gloria

More and more of my friends are coming our of their closets; they are actually really good poets. I'm impressed. Here's one written by my friend named Gloria. I love this poem. You guys enjoy...



Drained
May 29, 2008

many times seized, my focus fade.
trial and error, the boundaries made.
good to go; yet unsure if that
would in turn result, in standards unmet.
.
they say the river is meant to flow,
and the power of healing, never low.
when jumped right in, new hearts are born.
thus i’m sure this heart, hasn’t gone.
.
for intentions seem hard to understand,
so whatsoever; for there’s a fixed plan.
might have failed to live it up,
inclination to oblivion, no longer as sharp.
.
yet listen to the voice, and this i will.
racing the issues, it will never fail.
chances to hear, and chances to fill,
i soared over the tallest hill.
.
so once again, i take my stance.
halfway through, it’s up another fence.
though one by one, the hurdles are down,
i’m apprehensive, in this brand new town.
.
.®All Rights Reserved

No comments: