Friday, September 7, 2007

who am i ?

Have you ever doubted the person you think you are? Or maybe sometimes in life, you just suddenly stop, and think of the person people see you as. Is it really you?

Soul-searching- does it really work? Discovering your true self and knowing your personality traits… how do you know if you really found your true self?

You would know exactly:
- what you want for yourself &
- what you need in life

So I guess, we’ll just know it. The answer lies within us. One thing for sure, I know I haven’t found my true self yet. Maybe some might feel the same. The person people see us as is probably just ½ or 2/3 of ourselves. There’s just the other side that people won’t know. A side we don’t want others to see.

Then we start to ponder about what we really want in life… we can say that we are just doing what the norm in our society does. We follow orders every other day of our lives and hardly do we get a chance to do what we really want to do. Sometimes we don’t even have a choice as to what we want in life. We do things to suit others. Or rather we do things so that we can lead a comfortable life. With a roof over our head and food on the table, is that all that really matters?

If only we could just leave everything behind and go live for a few months in some island or resort like place and just live life as it’s supposed to be. Doing odd-jobs like waiter-ing in some street cafĂ© and just being carefree and happy… then maybe we would know what life is really about. And we probably could find the real us.

But that’s highly impossible because so many things in our lives are beyond our control. So for now, we just have to make do with what we have and with that, find the real us.

Search deep. Think hard. Be surprised.

Mirror Mirror on the wall,
If only you could make me tall.

Mirror Mirror if you could speak,
Which part of me would you fix?

Mirror Mirror, show me the truth;
The person I see, is it really me?

Mirror Mirror, break this curse
Perfection is what everyone thirst

Mirror Mirror, be my friend
When I’m hurt by the cruel world, who would hold my hand?

Mirror Mirror, you are all I have
Ever since my confidence left

Mirror Mirror, now you see;
The truth that lingers inside of me.

Mirror Mirror, this girl I see,
Is she the best that I can be?

Mirror Mirror, show me how
To love myself starting from now.

still searching,

TGND





No comments: