Friday, April 4, 2008

Unintended Lover

Met a child on a street one day, he said he had a story to tell.

He asked if I could stay a while. I looked at my watch and I said ‘fine’,
But do hurry, I don’t have much time.


So he spoke of a guy who liked a girl; anything he’d do for her.
The girl knew but never said a word; this guy was far from what she desired.


He’d call her every night, made sure she got home safe. His calls she’ll answer to save him some face.

As the girl walked, the guy would watch. Hoping that for him, she held a torch.

One day the guy asked her out for a date. Only to get a reply ‘you’re not my fate’.
Dejected and sad, he walked away hoping things would change one day.


Months passed but this girl he still thirsts; sadly she had found her happiness.

From afar, he saw the couple hugged. They kissed and danced under a sky so dark. He smiled with a teardrop falling from his eye, wondering if he’d ever be that guy.


TGND

No comments: