Thursday, October 4, 2007

Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

Hey guys, just thought I share a piece of good news with you all! Looks like TGND's hard work have not gone to waste! I recently took part in a writing competition and I just found out that I won third prize. Though it's nothing big, it's more of the satisfaction that's keeping me thrilled. Well, the theme of the competition was love and I guess no matter how generic I tried to make my writing sound, somehow, personal experience always play a major part. I thought it to be rather private but then I guess, since it is something good, I should just share it with you all. (:

You may be able to relate or maybe you won't. Well, just read it and enjoy I guess. That's my job here! Have fun guys!

Love to a 19 year old

What is love? I’ve yet to unfold.
So to speak, I’m only 19 years old.
Puppy love, mostly what I’ve seen;
that’s as far as I have been.

True love to me, I’ve got a long way to find.
If love is true, how can it make one blind?
Chocolates and roses are the epitome of romance;
yet it can’t sweeten loves’ intense.

I must admit, there is a guy.
Every time I’m near him, my heart’s so shy.
I’m attracted to him, not his looks.
What I learn from him, I can’t get from books.

He’s so different from the guys I know.
More experienced, so mature; slightly old.
Seeing him happy, seeing him smile;
if only he knew how I’ve been feeling all these while.

I’m only 19, a child to him.
But deep inside, I’m far from a teen.
What is love? He definitely knows.
After all, he’s rather old.

I don’t expect him to read my heart;
I dread the day we have to part.
Time spent together- so little.
I try to make my romantic gestures subtle.

Though it’s a torture keeping the truth inside,
It’s better than to let our friendship subside.
Though at times we may flirt,
He doesn’t know I meant every word.

I know one day he has to settle down,
and definitely not to me, this clown.
I will not sob, I will not cry;
his happiness I’ll always keep in mind.


Is this love? I do not know.
Maybe one day the truth will show.
For now, I’ll put up this façade;
not wanting to jeopardize two hearts.

For when he smiles, I’m re-assured.
My efforts, my feelings, my time, my space;
is worth the happy look in his face-
the look that makes my young heart race.

What is love? I’ve yet to unfold.
This innocent, naïve 19 year old.

Love you, Love me;

TGND







1 comment:

enerac said...

well-done my dear.. well done.. *applause*
that was very beautiful.. i love it!